Tips for Buying Your Next Home
Friday Nov 10th, 2017
1. Stalk the Neighbourhood! Make sure you like the neighbourhood. Do some investigating on the local schools, buying a house in a good school district positively affects the value of that home. Go for dinner at the local restaurants, shop at the local stores and malls and go for walks around the neighbourhood to make sure it’s a good fit for you and your family.
2. Don’t Try to Time the Market! Don’t stress trying to time the market. Anticipating the housing market is impossible. No one has a crystal ball! The best time to buy is when you find the perfect house for you and your family. Real estate is cyclical, it goes up and it goes down and it goes back up again. The best time to buy Real Estate is always 5 years ago!
3. Your Credit Rating! Getting your finances in order is probably the most important step. Your credit reports are an ongoing look at how you manage your finances. These reports play an important role in the mortgage approval process and in determining the interest rate and other loan terms that a lender offers you. Try to pay down as much of your debt as possible before you apply. Also, once you are pre-approved do not go out and buy big ticket items until after the home purchase is closed and finalized.
4. Shopping for the Right House! The Internet is a great tool Our ChooseMaria.com website is an interactive site we have created keeping your needs in mind. We have put together a collection of tools to aid in all your real estate research! They’re invaluable to those looking to buy or sell real estate. The property search is interactive and has the latest listings showing first, that way you won’t see the same listings over and over! There is an advanced mortgage calculator, affordability calculator and a land transfer tax calculator to name a few!
5. Ask Questions! Never hesitate to ask questions. Ask as many questions as necessary to help you understand the entire home buying process. You are making a long-term commitment and spending a large amount of money on one of your biggest investments! You’ll feel much better about the transaction if you stay informed and understand what’s happening every step along the way!
Contact me any time to get started!
Post a comment